This newsletter falls to me to write, as Bar is extremely busy with our next show – Friends Lost and Friends Returned. More of that later.
Since the last Newsletter we enjoyed the really successful run of “It’s Today”. This was Tanya’s first production with us, although she has been so involved over recent years it didn’t feel like that! We had some very enthusiastic audiences and numbers grew each day as we went on, which demonstrates what we have always said – word of mouth is everything! So make sure you never miss an opportunity to mention our next show.
Which is, of course, Friends Lost and Friends Returned. The cast are working flat out to get these two one act plays ready in time for 31st July to 2nd August. We could still do with some help for set painting and costumes, so if you can lend a hand please don’t delay, contact Paul and Dika respectively as soon as you can.
As mentioned in the last newsletter we have decided this year not to have an October production, but instead to run a joint kids/adults production in February. That will leave us with the autumn where we can do lots of other things!
There have been a lot of really useful ideas, and we soon hope to have a programme that includes some or all (in no particular order) of:
- Sing-along film shows. We hope to be able to put on Grease, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Mama Mia.
- a Salsa night – run by Nic Morrison
- a Barn Dance
- a Race Night courtesy of Alan Jewell (those who have been to one before are still laughing apparently)
- a “Follies and Friends” cabaret night put on by Tanya and her dance pupils. Provisional date 29th November
- a video night with pasties in August to view the “It’s Today” DVD – which incidentally will be available to buy shortly
- a kids workshop over two nights run by Tanya and Glynis, with parents invited along to see the results at the end of the second night
- singing for fun evenings
Please keep an eye out for all of these – we will publicise them on email and our Facebook group, and please also mention it to anybody you know who doesn’t see either of these. As well as coming along and enjoying them we hope you will be willing to help out with the setting up and running of some of them.
And finally, news for next year. After two very successful cabaret shows we would be daft not to put on another one! Tanya is planning to put together a show week commencing 25th May 2015, and we will need lots of eager singers and dancers, plus all the usual production team, publicity, front of house etc. Please plan to be involved if you can!